Senior Environment Artist
Summary of Position
You will be responsible for creating epic environments, props, and textures for a next-generation RPG using Unreal Engine. You will collaborate with other artists on the environment and design teams to create ambitious and mythic fantasy worlds. This role reports to the Lead Environment Artist. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Hidden Path is an inclusive, collaborative environment. You will be working with animators, designers, engineers, and other disciplines from all walks of life who have a variety of different perspectives. Being able to navigate and thrive in this kind of environment will be key to your success.
- Have strong modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills for creating game props, terrain, and architecture.
- Be able to create efficient work and understand best practices for optimum realtime performance
- 2D and 3D experience – Maya, zBrush, Photoshop and other software used in the production of game art.
- Be experienced in PBR material creation in Substance Designer/Painter
- Have strong working knowledge of UE4
- Have the ability to work successfully with a team of other artists, programmers, and game designers
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Have a strong work ethic, self-direction and artistic vision for creating next-gen visuals.
Nice to have:
- Environment artist credit on at least one shipped current-gen AAA title
- Strong technical abilities and eagerness to learn new pipelines and software quickly.
- Understanding of Unreal Materials and craftsmanship.
- Strong understanding of color, lighting, and composition.
- Terrain generation experience using World Machine or similar tools.
- Able to communicate clearly with the Art director, art lead, and other team members.
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms
- Up to date on current next-gen trends, software and techniques.
- Able to visualize and anticipate art needs while collaborating with other team members.
- Robust health insurance options
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Employee profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Vacation time plus paid holidays
- Unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
Regarding internships, we’re very sorry, but we’re too small a company for internship positions. Please contact us later in your career when you’re ready for high quality, self-directed, full time employment.