Senior VFX Artist
Role Summary: This position is responsible for the design and implementation of real-time visual effects in Unreal Engine 4. You should have a passion for making games, strong artistic skills, and an understanding of how to optimize performance for real-time playback. This is a full-time on-site position in Bellevue, WA.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Identify and plan VFX elements in coordination with design team
- Identify and plan VFX hooks in coordination with engineering team
- Create in-game VFX assets
- Optimize VFX assets for perf/scalability
- Implement and tune VFX assets using hooks provided by engineering team
- Refine VFX assets based on team feedback
- UE4 Cascade
- UE4 Material Editor
- UE4 Blueprints
- Understanding of UE4 graphics scalability controls and LOD architecture
- Basic Maya or Max modeling
- Have both an aesthetic eye and technical proficiency in UE4
- Be passionate about your work and interested in pushing the boundaries of the discipline
- Have a strong work ethic, self-direction, and constant drive to make the game better
- Have clear verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with others
- Be organized and able to document your work such that others can understand it
- Make timely deliverables
- Have a love of and passion for games and entertainment
- Possess a low drama personality
Nice to have:
- Procedural/physics-based simulation experience
- Alembic cache workflow from Houdini / Maya to UE4
- UE4 Cloth
- UE4 Physics / Collision / Destruction
- Familiarity with Confluence / JIRA / Perforce
No openings that fit your skill set?
If you would like to know when new positions open, please email: jobs [at] hiddenpath [dot] com.
Regarding internships, we’re very sorry, but we’re too small a company for internship positions. Please contact us later in your career when you’re ready for high quality, self-directed, full time employment.