Effective Date: October 21, 2021
(Last Updated: October 21, 2021)
Table of Contents
- Protecting Your Privacy
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Is My Information Secure?
- Does My Information Go Across Borders?
- Is Sensitive Information Collected?
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding The Collection, Use, and Distribution Of My Personal Information?
- What Happens When I Remove A Game or Unsubscribe From A Newsletter?
- Children’s Privacy
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
- Changes to the Policy
- Contacting Us
1. Protecting Your Privacy
Hidden Path Entertainment, Inc. (“Hidden Path” or “We”) provides interactive software products (“Games”) via online services such as Steam, Amazon and Xbox Live Arcade, We own and operate various websites and their subdomains, including without limitation www.hiddenpath.com (our “Sites”) to provide access to information about Hidden Path, the Games, message boards, head to head match play or provide technical support to our customers (our “Content”).
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you and that may be used to contact you online or offline. We collect personal information from you on a voluntary basis as described below. Our primary goals in collecting and using information is to create your account, provide services to you, improve our services, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use and for use with our partners.
While you are browsing our Sites, your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language and referring Web site addresses may be logged automatically. We may use this information to monitor and analyze your use of the services. In addition, we may ask you to submit and we may process data that is personal to you, including but not limited to your name, profile photo, gender, age or birthday, links to your profiles on social networking websites and other third party sites, user names and e-mail and mail addresses. We may use this information to create a user profile. We may use your email address to contact you about your experience with our Sites and notify you about company news and promotions. Your gender and birthday may be used to analyze user trends and target certain promotions. Your mail address may be used if we have merchandise or other physical promotional materials that we want to send to you.
We may at times offer you the ability to post content to a blog, message board, chat room or within our applications or other forums such as our Facebook page (“Forums”). You should be aware that any visitor to the Forums may read your postings on the Forums. Furthermore, any information that you may post to a Forum, including your username or other account profile information, will be disclosed and available to all users and viewers of that Forum, and will therefore no longer be private. We cannot guarantee the security of such information that is disclosed or communicated online in public areas such as the Forums, and you provide such information at your own risk. We do not author, edit, endorse, or monitor any Forum. You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided on any Forum. We reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to remove any content that a user may post on any Forum and restrict user access to any Forum.
We may collect information that you provide to us, such as your name, email addresses, postal addresses, and/or telephone calls with names and numbers to return calls when you contact our customer service group and we may use that information to contact you about your gaming experience with our Games and notify you about company news and promotions.
Game Data Collection
Whenever you play our Games, we collect data about all of your interactions with the Game and with the other players inside the Game via server log files and/or leaderboards. We use this information to help improve your game experience and monitor the performance of the game.
We may also acquire information from you through your access and participation in message boards on the Sites, your participation in surveys regarding the Games or Sites or your participation in a sweepstakes or contest through the Sites.
A cookie is a small text file that we transfer to your computer and/or device, to identify a user’s computer/device and to “remember” things about your visit, such as your preferences or a user name and password. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information for purposes such as improving the quality of our Service, tailoring recommendations to your interests, and making the Service easier to use. You can disable cookies at any time, although by doing so, you may not be able to access or use all of the features of the Service.
Third Party Services
From time to time, you may see our Games advertised in other services. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Game, you will become a user of our Game. In order to verify the installs, a device identifier may be shared with the advertiser.
3. How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you in connected with our Sites. For example, we may use your information to:
- Create game accounts and allow users to play our Games;
- Identify and suggest connections with other Hidden Path users;
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Hidden Path and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Finally, we keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
4. Who Do We Share Information With?
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party. We do engage in the following activities:
- We share statistics of each user’s activities and data within reports that are used internally and externally by our publishing and distribution partners to analyze the Game, its features and performance.
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- We may release your information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of use or our uses or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- We may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
5. Is My Information Secure?
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
6. Does My Information Go Across Borders?
We use third party servers in the United States to host some or all of our Games and we use our own servers at our facilities in Bellevue, Washington to store information and archives. By downloading or using our Games, you consent to having your General Information and non-personally identifiable user activity data transferred and processed as described herein.
7. Is Sensitive Information Collected?
8. What Choices Do I Have Regarding the Collection, Use, and Distribution of My Personal Information and How Can I Check What Personal Information Is Held About Me?
You have the right to see what personally identifiable information we hold about you if you request it. If your request is particularly complex or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide you with this information. You have the right to request your personal data be deleted. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for requests to access or delete your personal data.
9. What Happens When I Remove A Game or Unsubscribe From A Newsletter?
You have the ability to opt-out of: receiving information and marketing emails from us; publishing your recent Game activity to your social network site page; bookmarking or displaying the Game page to others, and of course the ability to delete our Game and rescind any permissions required to operate such Game, at any time.
It is our responsibility to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date records, so any changes you make in the Game regarding your personally identifiable information will go into effect as quickly as technically possible. We reserve the right to retain the non-personally identifiable data collected during your use of the Game.
We also reserve the right to delete messages, content and accounts in whole or in part, at our discretion, that we find offensive to the general public, uses profanity, causes complaints from other users, is not suitable for a general audience or infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party. For example, talk of drugs, alcohol, violence, strong language, gambling, crude humor, sexual themes or is suggestive in nature is prohibited.
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and if you are under the age of 13, you are not allowed to play our Games or register with our website without parental consent. If we discover that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. We encourage parents to spend time online with their children and urge parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, e-mail addresses or phone numbers without parental permission when using the Internet. If you believe that we have collected information on a child under the age of 13 from the Internet via our Games, newsletters or website, we ask that you contact us so that we can delete that information or to provide parental consent. Please email us at email@example.com or via our physical details below.
11. California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Under the laws of the State of California, California Residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of our disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In September 2013, California enacted amendments to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (California Business & Professions Code §§22575-22579) which require operators of websites to disclose how they respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals from browsers used by consumers or other mechanisms that provide consumers a choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about the consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites or online services. While some newer browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features which, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the web sites you visit indicating that you do not wish your online activity to be tracked, a DNT protocol that can be implemented across multiple devices and sites has not yet been widely adopted. Currently, our computer system does not support, and cannot act on DNT signal headers that we may receive; accordingly, the choices that we provide you concerning out collection and use of personally identifiable information will continue to operate as described in this policy.
12. Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes on this page and update the date at the top of the page. The changes will be effective when posted. Please check this page on a regular basis so that you remain aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
13. Contacting Us
By Email: email@example.com
Hidden Path Entertainment, Inc.
1407 – 116th Ave NE, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004
By Phone: (425) 452-7284